Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Couple Rare Pockets "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
I just got back in from picking up a rather large collection and wanted to share a few that were in it. Some are new to me and wanted your opinions. Thanks

THis one is a HC Sangamo Extra 6 positions

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a 18s 23j Veritas WI

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Look at this dial with the jewel in the lantern

IHC Life Member
posted
Peoria movement on the about dial and in a 14K box hinge HC

IHC Life Member
posted
Check out this grade 162 it is in a fancy 14K HC

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a grade 351 in a 14K case

IHC Life Member
posted
One I cant find much info on

IHC Life Member
posted
Well I will not hog up all the space but wanted to share a few of the beauties.

posted
you did good Robert

I'll take the Sangamo and the Peoria Razz

posted
Beautiful watches Rob, thanks for sharing, will you be selling any?

Posts: 209 | Location: Northern Arkansas in the USA | Registered: August 27, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Charlie don't be starting anything on these Razz

posted
Robert, The Elgin grade 348 is the HC version of the OF grade 349. The grade 349 met RR standards when it was built. I'm sure the 348 met these same standards and would have still been accepted by many railroads at the time it was built.

Tom

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Wow Rob nice watches the 23 jewel lord elgin is the one i want,, Remember i will be having another Brithday this year Big Grin

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
I've been buying Sangamo's recently, so I'll take the HC! Big Grin

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Rob,
Please give the 185 members the first chance at these super watches///// Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Joel W. Sarich
posted
Rob:
GREAT collection of watches! Please let us know if you sell any!
Cheers!
Joel

Posts: 286 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is and interesting BS in gorgeous 14k HC

IHC Life Member
posted
These poor watches probably feel good to get out and breathe and tick a little after 25 years of confinement of a safe.

IHC Life Member
posted
Look at this case

IHC Life Member
posted
Ok one more picked up a few of these

IHC Life Member
posted
Question am I reading it wrong or is this suppose to be a guilt movement according to serial number

posted
add the early bunn, the interstate, and the HC 23j to my list.

The early bunn is listed as gilt finish. They certainly look nickel. Don't remember seeing a Bunn with that damaskeen pattern ... but I haven't seen them all. Smile love the balance cock engraving.

posted
Hi Robert,

In my opinion your Bunn Ser# 50138 is a a very
interesting find. Thanks for showing and
sharing the illustration.

I have a few questions I am hoping you
can answer and would appreciate any comments.

(1) can you tell if the watch has a male
winding arbor and is equipped with a short pivited setting lever?

(2) Can tell if the bridge,train , balance, barrel , and pillar plates are solid nickel
or nickel plated?

Thanks again for sharing your interesting find

Bernie Levine
(3) Could you describe the dial if it has one.

Posts: 43 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: October 04, 2005
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Alright Rob, I missed that 992b while you were out messing around today. When are we going to see that Lord Elgin? Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
Rob.

Thanks for posting these outstanding pieces! Some of us out here in the hinterlands rarely get an opportunity to see such unique pieces. Eek

Also appreciate your always congenial manner of posting. Hope I get the opportunity to meet you one of these days.

Ted

Posts: 106 | Location: Highland, Kansas in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2006
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Ted,
Rob is one of the good guys///// Smile
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Rob

I really like the choo choo dial on your Peoria, especially the jewel in the headlight.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Two questions; Can you show a picture of the Veritas dial please?
When and where are you planning to offer these up to us addicts for sale?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
18s veritas front

IHC Life Member
posted
Dial on IC has some damage at bottom
Ok I am getting flooded with emails I guess I should not have listed all these. WOW Eek

IHC Life Member
posted
Man Robert, you're a popular guy Razz

Larry

Posts: 661 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 07, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
I appologize for sounding short and I always appreciate any input on watches as you all are very very helpful. I guess I just got overwhelmed with emails wanting to sell. Again I had it on my heart to appologize to all my friends here I always appreciate any input and that is the reason why I list them here. Thanks again

Picture of John "JP" Perez
posted
Hey Rob,
I don't think you have anything to feel badly about, you answered my email promtly and your comments were very honest. They are your watches and if you decide to keep them or sell them that is up to you. Best of luck in your decision.
John Perez

Posts: 61 | Location: Cheshire, Connecticut USA | Registered: November 27, 2002