Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Just Picked this up "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Member
posted
Hamilton 992B C437902 from around 1956

Posts: 131 | Location: Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas in the USA | Registered: May 11, 2013
Life Member
posted
front

Posts: 131 | Location: Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas in the USA | Registered: May 11, 2013
Life Member
posted
back

Life Member
posted
movement

Life Member
posted
case back

Life Member
posted
Runs good think it could use a cleaner dial.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Yes Paul, the dial has started to crack up the way melamine dials often do. The case has seen better days too, that's an incorrect replacement bow on it.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Life Member
posted
Thanks Ed

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Paul,
Stay with us on this site and you will learn more about watches and the good ,bad ,and ugly of on-line trading and collecting. This watch site is full of information about watches.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Life Member
posted
Thanks I am here for the long hall. I didn't notice the bow until Ed said something I am gonna use as a carry watch. Was thinking about pick up one a fake metal dial to say what's left of the one that's on here.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I'd highly suggest you consider getting it serviced before carrying, though.

The regulator is pushed all the way over to the fast side of the scale, telling us it must have been losing time and the last owner kept pushing the regulator needle over to regain the time lost, suggesting a dirty, sluggish movement.

Time for a COA (clean-oil-adjustment)! Smile

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Life Member
posted
Thanks Mark. I was thinking the same thing