Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What movement for 15 ss 16 case? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 935
posted
If there are movements, other than the 992B, that fit the 15 ss 16 case, what are they and which would you choose or recommend to me? And what dial would you use?

I acquired the case to put a 992B movement in it for a carry watch but have since picked up a very nice complete 992B carry watch, so I am looking for options. Thank you for your guidance.

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

The Stainless Steel Model 15 case was introduced in 1950 as a low priced, durable case for the 992B Hamilton Railway Special. By that time the only 16-size Hamiltons were the premium priced 23-Jewel 950B and the 992B at a popular price. Some will argue the 950B could have been placed in a Model 15 case but that goes against the entire marketing plan and would be highly unlikely.

If you no longer need the case then offer it in our Mart or Auctions. As you know these cases are very popular and a lot of people are looking for them for 992B "carry" watches.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 935
posted
Thank you Lindell for the guidance. Being new to this scene, your words are part of my education, and that is why I am grateful.

Thinking it over, I have decided to go ahead and try to find a 992B movement, along with a dial and correct hands. I want to have the experience of having this done. So, I will be searching for a movement and dial and hands, and any guidance will be most appreciated.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks Mortimer,

I asked around about one when you first expressed interest and expect to have something turn up soon. The thing to find is a movement, hands and dial that are either in a severely worn or entirely wrong case. That way we're not messing up anything worthwhile.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 935
posted
Great, Lindell! I will be waiting for the fun to begin!