Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin PW Help Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
I just acquired this nice 10S, 17J, Elgin. It's serial number is 25,403,502. I am in need of a regulator for it, but I can't find any reference to it in the Watch Guide, or any other source. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look, or would you have a regulator you think would work?

Posts: 285 | Location: Springfield, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 06, 2008
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
This is a picture of the works. It is a stem wind, stem set movement. Any help would be appreciated.

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Hi Ken. While I don't have a regulator for this, perhaps Brian C. does. You can e-mail him at:

pwpartsetc@pwatch.com

Be sure to put something watch related in the subject line.

I checked the Elgin database and your watch is a grade 345, 17 jewel made in 1922. A total of 730,900 were made, so you should be able to find a regulator for it. It's a pretty little watch!

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Hey Ken,I have several parts movements with regulators on them. Email your address and I'll get one off to you. No charge. daydreamer1948@hotmail.com

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
You guys and this web site is such a great place to be. Thanks for ALL your help and information. It is a pleasure to be associated with all of you.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

I second Ken's comments Smile you have made my day.

Many thanks to Cecil McGee for demonstrating the kind of generosity that makes us all proud to be IHC185 Members. Every day I read posts such as these acts of kindness from Mary Ann and Cecil that reinforce what the words "polite and friendly" mean to all of us and to all those who are looking in from around the world.

Thanks a million my friends!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
I couldn't agree with you more Lindell!
I too have had others on this site assist me in ways like no other.
Glad we're all here and make it that much more meaningfull.

Roland

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010