Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn 60HR Strange hands? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Here is another that took my fancy while out, I have been on Mikes list, (great list thanks for putting it together Mike) and the case and movement sit in there perfectly in the listing the case is WGF also. I love these Monty dials, and have also found a example of it from the addvertisments on this site, but my hands are different?, are these correct (deep shiny blue) or do I need to change them out?, They look they belong on a Sangamo?

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Antoher picutre alongside the add, case is sharp all over.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

There have been a few others shown up with blue Sangamo Special hands in that same time-frame. From what I can see, everything about your watch looks right.

You sure do find some interesting ones!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Chris, Thankyou for your kind comment on my list. I hope that since yours fits into the list you will contribute the numbers to me and we can include it on the list!

....on the hands, now. Let me state first off that, just as Lindell points out, we have seen other Bunn Specials with these "Sangamo" hands. Most of the ones are in the 5,100,000 - 5,300,000 range, as I suspect yours is as well, without having the numbers yet. That said, the reason, I feel these may very well be original specifically in this time frame is the fact that the last of the Sangamo Specials were finished up around this time period as well and if there were extra Sangamo hands, I do not feel they would have been wasted but used on some of the Bunn Specials as inventory was available. We have seen a couple dozen examples just like yours over the last 5 years or so. I have owned a couple or three myself and I can tell you personally, that the fit they had , lead me to believe that they may have very well been original to the watch. Illinois was notorious for NOT wasting or throwing away materials unless they proved defective.

Your hands look nice to me, and I would not change them if your watch is in the stated range. They provide a nice variant that I think one day we may find proof of originality in some obscure factory ad. One never knows what can turn up in the future!

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Mike,

Well you are right again there, Mike, and what is nice I have positive proof of a 100% original watch.
Consequently I am sure, should I come to sell a premium price would be expected.

Case:- 8,464,408
Movement:- 5,254,671