• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

While Everyone Was Asleep ... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
... I was bidding on a questionable Rockford with only this picture to go on.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
The opening bid was $100, which scared everybody else off. It came to Noo Yahk for that price.

I had to replace the fleur-de-lis hour hand with a correct morning-glory hand before going any farther.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Then I opened the back cover.

Cool beans, eh? Big Grin

posted
Beautiful watch Eric! I find a lot of items that way which the pictures are bad... In fact I bought the "leftovers" from a metal jeweler's cabinet one time that had no pictures, just a despriction that there was a ziplock bag full of items from it. $20 plus shipping gave me (4) 21 jewel waltham 1899 movements, a 5 oz coin silver first year KW Hampden, a L Size Running Howard movement and dial, plus other "parts" items. sometimes Santa is very nice to us!

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Santa wasn't nearly so kind to me when I acquired the hunter version of your Rockford movement, but Santa did throw in very heavy multi-colored gold case with a big diamond.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Congrats Eric, that's a home run out of the park! Big Grin

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 1110
posted
Nice Eric!That one looks to have an extra screw on the barrel cover plate to switch from lever to pendant setting? Nice watch for the price.Best regards, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1016
posted
Ethan and Eric have really scored well. It's refreshing that there are still some good buys out there with honest sellers.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Love those Rockfords!

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
posted
More out-of-focus pictures, an honest description by the seller, an inability to remove the caseback, and a yellowed plastic crystal accompanied the watch that arrived a few days ago:

posted
That same crappy plastic crystal concealed an absolute keeper of a dial:

posted
And when I got the back off the movement wasn't bad either.

Y'all keep chasing those 992Bs now, ya hear? Big Grin

posted
Nice watch Eric, and nice comment since if most people chase 992/992B's that leaves a lot of nice watches to select from that most people give the "evil eye" to.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Great find Eric....Nice photography also....you do have a great light box....

Keep'em coming....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008