Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Case Question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1622
posted
Gentlemen gave me a couple of cases today, and one case was a Keystone Ball Model, Silveroid. Just curious if this case could have been a loaner? It was from my home state and that is why the gentlemen thought I would like to have it.
Just curious,
Joey

Posts: 177 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: October 16, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
Nice, very well could be a loaner case.
Do a search with the names and location.

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 665
posted
Yes, the pattern of the markings show that to be a Ball loaner case. I presume that it is 16s and that inside it is marked "Ball Model" above the case-maker's trademark.

This pattern of marking is quite standard across the country (for various jewellers)and the suspicion might be that the distribution of such cases was orchestrated by the Ball Company, possibly for the accommodation of earlier (17J) movements as higher jeweling became increasingly popular. Those earlier movements might have been traded in for newer ones, presumably also sold by Ball.

Posts: 209 | Location: East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: December 31, 2005
IHC Member 1622
posted
This is why I love this IHC185! Thanks for the information!
Joey

Posts: 177 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: October 16, 2011
posted
Great information, John!

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004