Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wish lists, what are you trying to find? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
I think it would be a good idea for everyone to compile a wish list of watches that they are trying to find. Someone here may have a watch that they would be willing to part with and that someone else is in search of. Just a thought.

I'll post my list tonight or tomorrow morning as I have a busy day planned.

Posts: 496 | Location: Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2012
IHC Member 1508
posted
That sounds great Tom! I'll work on mine too. Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Member 1016
posted
I continue to search for a reasonable Roll Eyes Hamilton 943.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Sounds great Tom. How about a wish list for items, not just watches?
I can design a form for members to place their wishes on if you would like....
Patrick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I am always looking for a Ball-Hampden.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
posted
Looking for nice factory cased Hamilton 992/992e/992b. Buster just sold a beautiful Model 4 cased example...

I'm looking for #1 (Crossbar)YGF; #8 BOC ;#12 star GF; #14, and #17 (Keystone version). Complete period correct watches are preferred but will consider cases only or complete watches that will need some scouting for parts to make them fully correct. Do not need to be near mint just nice XF or better. I just acquired the Illusive #9 case in very decent condition and a so so WGF #1.

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
Picture of David Flegel
posted
Waltham 18s Fancy Dial in case.
Unique Hunter Case With Movement 18s or 16s.

Posts: 1212 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 06, 2012
IHC Member 1701
posted
I have been looking for a grade 429 digital South Bend 12 size for a long time. Let me know if someone has this watch available.
Thanks

Posts: 38 | Location: Maryville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2011
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

This topic is a great idea Tom!

Don, that South-Bend Digital is nearly impossible to find! Frown They were post-production, hand-made and very few produced. The one shown below is powered by number 1236513 which is a 21-Jewel Studebaker movement.

Hey Don, JOIN, PAY DUES AND GET THE 2012 COMPLETE GUIDE TO WATCHES HERE Wink

Here is my South-Bend Digital, time shown is 8:18:05...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1693
posted
WoW !!!!!!!!! Thats Cool !!!
Never seen one !!!!

Posts: 352 | Location: Southeast Michigan in the USA | Registered: March 22, 2012
posted
I thought the "Wanted to Buy or Trade" section was meant for things like wish lists.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
$12.00 for a membership. It is the best $12. I have ever spent.

Gary, Jon just posted a nice Crossbar on the For Sale Forum.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Yes it is the best $12.00 I have ever spend
and as a wish I wish I can find my SB 229 I sold
few years back (I was needing the money)

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Yes Gene and I made a stupid offer...and Ed bought it...he who hesitates is truly lost. Bought too many watches this month I guess..

Gary

posted
Mike I have the same list posted in "wanted to buy" also...perhaps they have "dream watches" in mind here...in which case of course I'll take my Maiden Lane...but doubt I can afford it.

Gary

IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
Here's a partial list. There will be many more I'll add in tomorrow.

1. Bunn Special, 21 jewel, 4th pattern, hunting, has the markings "ADJ TEMP. & 6 POS'NS"
2. Bunn Special, 21 jewel, 4th pattern, hunting, has the markings "ADJUSTED TEMP. & SIX POS'NS"
3. Bunn, 19 jewel, Type I, Motor Barrel 60
4. Bunn, 19 jewel, Type II, Motor Barrel 60, Sixty Hour
5. Bunn, 19 jewel, Type III, Motor Barrel, Sixty Hour
6. Bunn, 19 jewel, Jeweled Barrel, Hunting
7. Bunn, 19 jewel, Jeweled Barrel, OF
8. Bunn Special 161A (not marked Elinvar) Type II B (fv)
9. Bunn Special 161A (Type II b (fv) with the double "Double Roller" not marked "A")
10. Bunn Special 161B. Ahahahahahahaha...yeah, I know it's an extremely far-fetched wish!

IHC Member 1508
posted
You know, this may sound simple but as of right now, all I'm really wanting is a really nice Hamilton 921 or 917. I had a 917 a few years ago, and like a dummy, I sold it. Wish I had it back. It was a great running, pretty little watch. Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Completing my collection of the Gr 163 series Bunn Specials (a.k.a. The Seven Stars) is at the top of my wish list.

I'm still needing a Type I-E and a Type II-E.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Brad, the 921's seem to have gone crazy pricewise; but 917's are pretty easy to find nice ones at reasonable prices.

Gary

IHC Member 1508
posted
I know Gary. I'm eyeballing a couple right now. I'm hoping that my wife lets me bid on one, since it will be my birthday on Wednesday.I'd like a 921, but you're right, prices for those have gone to the moon! And most of them listed are just the movements, no case! However, there's nothing wrong at all with a really nice complete 917. They're a great little watch. Brad

posted
Many 921's were cased in gold rather than gold filled cases, so the scrapers are generating lots of movements. Another oddity is the conversion of 921's to wristwatches...thats a sizeable wristwatch.

Gary

posted
The Deacon and I might get in a bidding war on that Ball Hampden. I still need a Superior Grade to go with my Hi Grade and Ball's Standard Cleveland models.

happy hunting

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
Just thought I'd check in and see how people's wish lists are working out. Smile

Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
I have an Illinois Boston & Maine Special. I would like to have a C.& O. Special or a B.& O. Standard.

I'd like to even lay eyes on a Denver & Rio Grand Special. Sort of like running into a Hamilton 947.

If anyone has a D. & R.G. Special, please post it.

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
By the way, Deacon, I can't believe that you haven't found a Ball Hampden yet. They must indeed be scarce!

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013