WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Nice Private Label Rockford: Westerly, Rhode Island "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1555
posted
Here is a nice Private Label Rockford from Westerly, Rhode Island, marked on both movement and dial, just posting these on behalf of/for Theodore J. Brown Sr., (Ted).

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
and here is the P/L movement of Ted'sSmile

IHC Member 1555
posted
Do you notice the interesting spelling of the name, spelt with a "K" on the movement and with a "C" on the dial.

IHC Member 1110
posted
Many thanks to Bila for posting the pics as I can't do that myself.I've had this watch for a long time, just finally getting around to getting it up and running.Rob Carter did a great job on it.It's a 935 grade, made up near the end of Rockford.
This is kind of a local watch for me ,Westerly R.I. is near my home in eastern Ct. It had a bad staff and other issues. It's marked " Castritius Co. Westerly R.I." on dial and movement.
As Bila pointed out,it looks like a "K" on the name on the movement, but it is a "C", must be an illusion from the angle of the picture. This has one of those ground-center dials in good shape. Albert Castritius was a prominent jeweler at the time this was made.I think Rockford made awful nice watches!

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
Coupled with the angle and that damaskeening Ted might be why it looks like a "K" to me, my eyes are not that great, so that will not be helpingSmile

IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks Bila I have a bad case of CSS myself!

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008