Internet Horology Club 185
A Nice Private Label Rockford: Westerly, Rhode Island

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1086047761/m/5953921897

March 06, 2023, 20:53
Bila Wirriganwalters
A Nice Private Label Rockford: Westerly, Rhode Island
Here is a nice Private Label Rockford from Westerly, Rhode Island, marked on both movement and dial, just posting these on behalf of/for Theodore J. Brown Sr., (Ted).

March 06, 2023, 20:55
Bila Wirriganwalters
and here is the P/L movement of Ted'sSmile

March 06, 2023, 21:00
Bila Wirriganwalters
Do you notice the interesting spelling of the name, spelt with a "K" on the movement and with a "C" on the dial.
March 06, 2023, 21:42
Theodore J. Brown Sr.
Many thanks to Bila for posting the pics as I can't do that myself.I've had this watch for a long time, just finally getting around to getting it up and running.Rob Carter did a great job on it.It's a 935 grade, made up near the end of Rockford.
This is kind of a local watch for me ,Westerly R.I. is near my home in eastern Ct. It had a bad staff and other issues. It's marked " Castritius Co. Westerly R.I." on dial and movement.
As Bila pointed out,it looks like a "K" on the name on the movement, but it is a "C", must be an illusion from the angle of the picture. This has one of those ground-center dials in good shape. Albert Castritius was a prominent jeweler at the time this was made.I think Rockford made awful nice watches!
March 06, 2023, 22:01
Bila Wirriganwalters
Coupled with the angle and that damaskeening Ted might be why it looks like a "K" to me, my eyes are not that great, so that will not be helpingSmile
March 07, 2023, 06:23
Theodore J. Brown Sr.
Thanks Bila I have a bad case of CSS myself!