• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My new N. Gamse "The Queen Extra" "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just got this one last week and got time tonight to get it cleaned up and running. The dial has one very fine hairline, otherwise is absolutely nice. The movement is also fairly nice, but he gold two -tome is washed out a bit. Still looks very nice. overall turned out better than I thought it would. It had a yellowed plastic crystal when I bought it, so I lucked out on the dial being so nice.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Here is the illinois 18s movement shot. I've seen some pictures of "The Queen Extra", but I hadn't seen one available, so I had to have it!

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Nice Jared.

I have seen several private labels over the years with his name but I don't see where anyone ever listed who he was.

I found that he was a jeweler by the name of Nicholas Gamse, he was born in Russia about 1859. He came to this country in February 1889 on the ship Moravia.

He apparently had a store at 54 Maiden Lane in NYNY but also lived in Cleveland & Washington DC. , it would appear that he was a wealth individual because it appeared he owned homes in each city all at the same time & did business in all of the cities.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007