Internet Horology Club 185
My new N. Gamse "The Queen Extra"

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1086047761/m/5943981967

January 02, 2012, 23:25
Jared Brinker
My new N. Gamse "The Queen Extra"
I just got this one last week and got time tonight to get it cleaned up and running. The dial has one very fine hairline, otherwise is absolutely nice. The movement is also fairly nice, but he gold two -tome is washed out a bit. Still looks very nice. overall turned out better than I thought it would. It had a yellowed plastic crystal when I bought it, so I lucked out on the dial being so nice.

Jared

January 02, 2012, 23:27
Jared Brinker
Here is the illinois 18s movement shot. I've seen some pictures of "The Queen Extra", but I hadn't seen one available, so I had to have it!

January 03, 2012, 00:47
Tom Brown
Nice Jared.

I have seen several private labels over the years with his name but I don't see where anyone ever listed who he was.

I found that he was a jeweler by the name of Nicholas Gamse, he was born in Russia about 1859. He came to this country in February 1889 on the ship Moravia.

He apparently had a store at 54 Maiden Lane in NYNY but also lived in Cleveland & Washington DC. , it would appear that he was a wealth individual because it appeared he owned homes in each city all at the same time & did business in all of the cities.

Tom