• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

O'Hara Seth dial? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I know we've been over this before - if it's not signed O'Hara, then it's probably not an O'Hara dial.

Having collected nothing but Seths the last few years, this is only the third Seth fancy dial I've ever seen, and it's certainly unique - and flawless.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
I picked it up at an antiques barn, where the seller claimed it was an O'Hara dial, because "someone told him so".

It's clearly not a two-piece soldered-sunk dial, but a "pressed" dial of the Swiss persuasion. There is no signature of any kind on the back, and the silver dots and the silver rosettes are under the porcelain finish.

Comments on whether it's an O'Hara or not?

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Handsome would be the word for this pastel "log" numeral dial Smile

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
O'Hara or not that is a beauty of a dial on your Seth Thomas. Thanks for showing the dial to us and if you get a chance I would like to see the movement.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Eric, does it have two or three dial feet?

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Only two, Brian.

One of the odd things about Model 5 Seths is the absence of the 35-minute-position socket for the third dial foot. The crappier Models 6, 8, 10, and 12 all have sockets for three dial feet, but the 21-jewel grades and up (including the Maiden Lanes) only have two.

Weird.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
quite lovely sir !!!! Cool

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
On a Par with Seth Thomas Damaskeening "Art"! A customer restoration project that just came in! 1 Star rare, but the "book" Pooh-Pooh's it's value. Mad

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007