Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin Fancy 18s Dial "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
I know Tom McIntyre and many others can put me to shame on showing fancy dials, and I love to see them! Anyways, I found this one in a trash pile and it cleaned up okay. Still the unfortunate hairline there right through the "7", but I thought it might be worth putting on a watch since I'm not a dial collector (I'm a movement collector, ahem).

So the question is, this being an Elgin 18s with dial feet at 17, 36 1/2 and 54, what movement/s will this fit on, be appropriate for?

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Frank, Your dial will fit any of the Elgin full plate movements both HC and OF. With the Marking of Elgin Nat Watch Co, to be correct it should be on a watch not later than approx 5 million SN.

Tom

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Thanks Tom and Samie! I had a good movement and case sitting in the drawer. I have to remember that there's a dial lookup sheet in the "Tech" section on the website. Smile

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi Frank,
I have seen the Large Fancy Dial Elgins on ebay lately, and they are being scooped up fast, and at high dollars. Your dial is much nicer than the ones on ebay, and I think it's beautiful.
I love those fancy dials. Great Find!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Here's a pic of one of my fancy dial Elgins.

Tom

posted
Here is another one.

Tom