Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Are these books useful ones? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bernhard Schmidt
posted
I´ve been offered to by these books. For those who knows, are these useful books for identification and so on. Are they hard to find, do you think I should take the opportunity? do not know that mutch about watch books.
Regards!
Bernhard

böcker

Posts: 423 | Location: Västerås in Swedem | Registered: January 02, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
All are very good reference materials, providing reproductions of many old ads and catalog pages. The watch company volumes include useful serial number lists. It looks like there are duplicate copies of a few in the photo, but maybe you can pass the extras on to other members.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Thank´s again Jerry! Very helpful as always!

Bernhard Schmidt

posted
The 1978 Price Indicator is also a nice reference as it has hundreds of black and white photos of American pocketwatch movements, ranging from common to very rare. Size, model, grade, serial numbers, and a value for the movement are given with each photo.

There is also a 1979 and 1980 version of the Price Indicator, and these have even more photos than the 1978 issue. The prices are dated, but it is still a great reference to have on hand for the photos and I use them often.

Fred

Picture of Ted Steuernagel
posted
Hi Berhard, The Swede, Yes they are some nice books. I have been looking for some like that also

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Hi Ted!
If I get them, I know what to do with one of ém! Smile Smile Smile Smile Wink

Bernhard Schmidt

posted
Thank you Bernhard (The Swede)

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Recived the books yesterday. Thand´s everybody for you advice and help. These were really great books.
Thank´s!

P.S Ted, I hope to get your´s in the mail on monday or tuesday!

Bernhard Schmidt

posted
Thank you looking forward to always wanted one! Thanks again Swede. TED

Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Bernhard,those books are totally worthless! I need you to send them to me to be destroyed immediately!! Big Grin .Nice haul!

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
posted
Sam, they are on the way right now Smile Smile Big Grin

Bernhard Schmidt

Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
I thank the Gods that there are still honorable men on earth that will do the right thing!! Big Grin Thor would be proud!!! Smile

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002