• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Keystone Howard, Series 9 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Shugarts book has 2 entries for Series 9 (checkerboard DMK) movements. One states 3 position and the other 5 position. I have never seen one marked 3 position, OR 5 position. They all seem to be marked "adjusted" only . 5 position watches are evidently RR grade; 3 position watches are not identified RR grade. So, how does one tell if it is 3 or 5 positions? Maybe someone has a picture they can post of Series 9 movement marked, "adjusted five positions".

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Mike-
The ATSF rules for 1938 accepted all 16s Howards of 19, 21, or 23 jewels for their service.

Regards,
Bob

Posts: 218 | Location: Oak Harbor, Washington in the USA | Registered: May 21, 2009
posted
Thanks, Bob. I saw that in the early pages of Shugarts book, but judging from their serial numbers, most of these movements are in the 1903 - 1910 era, so I presumed RR grade standards would be more forgiving in those years.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009