Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Just acquired Abbott Sure Time "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
17jewels,adjusted s/n980343 in a beautiful keystone 25yr.case.Sure not much info.avaiable on this.Was wondering if it looks original or not.I can not find any pics.of dials,hands or cases.Anyone having any info and comments,good or bad,would be appreciated. Roger

Bezel on

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1357
posted
Bezel off

Bezel off 1

IHC Member 1357
posted
Inside back cover&Dust cover

inside cover&dust cover

IHC Member 1357
posted
Case back

case back1

IHC Member 1357
posted
Movt

Movt shot

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Roger,

The movement is a 16 size Keystone Howard. That's all I know.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I agree that it is a Howard Keystone. I suppose it is a private label watch for Abbott Sure Time. The no seconds register is interesting !! It is a hunting case mvmt. hmmmm.....

Nice pick Roger !

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
My understanding is that these movements were deliberately fitted with no seconds hand and were a lower cost way to use up Waltham movements that were made up for Howard and for some reason went back to Waltham when Keystone bought Howard. I don't know if it is true or not but it sounds fairly reasonable.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I forgot to mention that metal dials were used to save money on the Abbott and yours looks original

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks everyone,I had misplaced my fat book and now have found it{thank God}It states Abbott watches was made by E.Howard Watch Co.{Keystone} and they are mod.1905 series 3 with circular damaskeening adj.3 pos.I don't think it is a Waltham built movt.as the regulator is a Howard regulator being the jewel screws are vertical and not horizontal such as were Waltham regulators.Anyway it is a nice running watch.Thanks everyone Roger