Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Railroad Model Cases "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Weldon Hopkins
posted
I hope somone can help answer this about the various Hamilton Model Cases there was a post on Sept 04 2005 showing a Model #9 I did not know there was one. I thought I had all the Models in my collection, the ones that are in Cooksey Shugart guide to watches. Does anybody have more information on the Model #9 and a good picture of it and who made the case and was it marked Hamilton Railroad Model. Also how many models did Hamilton use?
Thanks
Weldon Hopkins

Posts: 79 | Location: Hallsville, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: November 12, 2005
posted
Weldon,

It is confusing because this is an evolving information process of gathering information as it come to light. Maybe it will be in next years Price guide.

We have a tremendous amount of information on our site and you can access it by using the "Search" or "Find" button at the top of the topics.

Here are some listing to get you started.

Cases
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...4108073/m/7411035361

Cases
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7...451056751#9451056751

Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Here is Lowell Halligan's (Director of Hamilton's Sales Research in the 1940s) speculation on the model 9 case.

Railroad Model - Fahys Case - This case was first used with the 974 Lever - billed as follows - 974 L "A" Traffic Special - (Number of case model not noted) - Later used in connection with the 992 Movement.
Cases received January 1931 - Yellow 10K Gold Filled cost $3.25 - White 14K Gold Filled $3.25 (only price notation on Case Serial Records was 1/13/31 for 170 of each color at price above quoted)

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004