• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Noticing The Smaller Stuff "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I never looked at any 0s and 6s watches before, until Lynn's birthday approached.

Then Phil happened to send me one (thanks, Brother Smile).

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
It wasn't running. There was a burr on the lower balance pivot that was binding it up, and the mainspring was blown.

I successfully got both the roller table and the hairspring off (thanks, Roger Smile), chucked it into the lathe, and honed the burr out. The movement was cleaned and oiled, a new main was installed, and several screws were blued.

A 6s 15-jewel gilt Model 2 Rockford - running, and keeping time:

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
A better dial, a new crystal (thanks, Peter Smile), and all three hands were sanded, polished, and re-blued.

posted
And the caseback.

I told her the center stone was a diamond. I'm fairly sure she believed me.

Wink

IHC Member 1613
posted
Pretty little watch..looks like it was never used..

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Very nice Eric! Great job fixing it up. She's going to love it.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Member 716
posted
Great Looking watch.. very nice job on the bluing.

Posts: 23 | Location: Excelsior, Minnesota USA | Registered: March 03, 2006
posted
Nice job Eric
Don

Posts: 169 | Location: Adrian, Michigan in the USA | Registered: June 09, 2011