Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Astra pocket watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Robert E. Apsel
posted
I need help identifying the movement in an Astra pocket watch. This is not the Junghans Astra, but a company using the name Astra.

When I saw the photos of it before purchasing, I thought it looked like a 1930s era Cyma with a different train bridge. But once I took it apart, I found that the keyless works is different than any Cyma I've seen or anything I can find on Ranfft.de.

Has anyone seen this movement before or have any information about it?

Posts: 4 | Location: Lynnwood, Washington State in the USA | Registered: June 13, 2020
posted
Adding a picture of the train side of the watch

Posts: 4 | Location: Lynnwood, Washington State in the USA | Registered: June 13, 2020
IHC Member 1555
posted
Have you a size in millimeters Robert, as this just narrows down the search?

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
See if you can locate a Paulson "Master Key" catalog issued circa 1951. Helpful in identifying Swiss movements by size and shape, and pictures of movements from the upper (bridge) side. I've seen this movement before. If I can get to my hot attic I'll see if I can locate MY Paulson book.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
posted
@Bila Wirriganwalters - The movement is 40mm.

posted
@William Thomas - Found and purchased a 1950 version of Paulson's Master Key Swiss Catalog on eBay. Thanks for the tip!

IHC Member 1555
posted
It is not in the Paulson catalogue Robert, but that is still a great reference book. Astra was one of the trade marks Registered in Germany by a few different companies, but yet to identify yoursFrown

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011