Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

PJ Bartlett in need of help! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 708
posted
Hi All,

I have a PJ Bartlett #12052450,(1903?) 17 jewels in need help. It belongs to a good friend of mine who inherited it from his grandfather who said that he needed an American pocket watch in order to really be American. It runs bit definitely need a good cleaning and some casework as you will see in the pictures. I hope Chris Abell will take this job. thanks in advance.

Steve Cohen

Posts: 153 | Location: Montgomery Village, Maryland USA | Registered: March 15, 2006
IHC Member 708
posted
the face

Steve Cohen

Posts: 153 | Location: Montgomery Village, Maryland USA | Registered: March 15, 2006
IHC Member 708
posted
the movement

Steve Cohen

IHC Member 708
posted
back of the case. these are my first photos so I'm sorry if they are not clear.

Steve Cohen

IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi Steve, That looks like a nice model 1892 2-tone P.S. Bartlett, well worth the effort to restore.Any '92 model Waltham is a nice collector's item.PS Bartlett's were made in different 18 and 16 size models, but this one is not too common.Looks like the case is well worn out, you may have to find a better replacement, or have it replated.Good luck with it!...Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
It being a 17 jewel hunter and also two tone model 92 it is kinda a rare watch also

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 708
posted
Thanks for the information Ted and Robert. I really want Chris Abell to restore it and I am trying to get in touch with him. If anyone has more info on this watch that would be great.

Steve Cohen

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Steven,

Would be my pleasure to take a look at it,
Please send it on over,

Chris

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 708
posted
Thanks to Debbie for getting me in touch with Chris and thanks to Chris for taking a lok at this watch. I mailed it yesterday afternoon. I am looking forward to hearing from Chris.....

This really is a great group!

Steve Cohen

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

You are welcome Steven!

Smile

Posts: 5232 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
I wouldn't re-case if if it's in the original, no matter how worn the case is.

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
IHC Member 708
posted
Chris,

My friend the owner of the watch wants to do whatever it takes to restore the case as it is the one his grandfather wore. So I agree with you however the case is in bad shape

Steve Cohen

IHC Member 708
posted
I just got the watch back from Chris. he and his case man did a great job! the case was in such bad shape we had to be creative. Please look at the pictures below. I can't believe it is the same watch

Steve Cohen

IHC Member 708
posted
The movement

Steve Cohen

IHC Member 708
posted
Thanks again chris and please forgive my poor photography

Steve Cohen