WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A RR Gr. Hampden from estate of Edward Miller HELP! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Recently, a gentleman in Kentucky won a very nice Lehigh Valley Watch Inspector's double signed Hampden I listed which was produced amidst the few small runs of very rare Ball Hampdens and some Named RR watches. I researched the background of the watch and learned that it came from the estate of EDWARD MILLER, PITTSTON PA. As the signatory Watchmaker is also a past Pittston, PA business, that suggests there may have been a Railroader in the Miller Family c.a. 1890. Some help with researching this possibility would be genuinely appreciated by myself and the winner of this watch.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Only to repeat the original request in a slightly different way. Can anybody help me find out who Edw. Miller is, or if there was a railroader named "Miller" in Pittston in the 1890's-1900's?

My information is that this watch came from his estate which is in the same town (Pittston, PA) as the Pvt label Lehigh Valley Watch Inspector/Dealer signature.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007