• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Memorial Day "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I want to thank all the veterans past and present. Thruout time many have paid the ultimate for our Freedoms and we must not forget them. Thanks. Wayne

Posts: 241 | Location: Ponca City, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: May 19, 2011
IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
Picture of Scott A. Whittey
posted
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot
But he’ll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words,
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remembered.
This story shall the good man teach his son,
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now abed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day

Posts: 293 | Location: California City, California USA | Registered: May 05, 2005
posted
Well said Scott. Thank you

Posts: 241 | Location: Ponca City, Oklahoma in the USA | Registered: May 19, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
Let us not forget all the brave men and women!!

Roger

Posts: 4086 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
[Please, in honor of our fallen who gave all, turn up your sound, click the link and play the song]

https://youtu.be/gahW_4hWmJY

Today, Memorial Day stands as a day to remember the men and women who have given their lives for the United States of America so that you and I and our Country remains free.

While many Americans have forgotten, or never learned, the true meaning of Memorial Day, a formal recognition that was established by our Congress, helps to put focus back onto the holiday's true meaning: a Day of Remembrance whereby Americans on Memorial Day, are to pause in an act of national unity. Today, much about Memorial Day has been forgotten, a great irony considering the name itself. Given the ultimate sacrifice that was made by Americans in the past, on our behalf, today we Salute and remember the brave men and women who gave all for our Country.

On Memorial Day, the flag of the United States is raised briskly to the top of the staff and then solemnly lowered to the half-staff position, where it remains only until noon. It is then raised to full-staff for the remainder of the day.

The half-staff position remembers the more than one million men and women who gave their lives in service of our Country. At noon, their memory is raised by the living, who resolve not to let their sacrifice be in vain, but to rise up in their stead and continue the fight for liberty and justice for all.

I am named after my Uncle Buster who gave all in WWII.

We will never forget our brave men and women who gave all for us, God Bless their souls and God Bless America......

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
To all our veterans, a word of thanks for the important things of life.

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Member 1613
posted
Get,
Fly it high and fly it proud...

Posts: 2003 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
A toast: "To absent friends..."

Posts: 218 | Location: Oak Harbor, Washington in the USA | Registered: May 21, 2009