Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Congressional????? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 708
posted
I found this watch on Ebay. I haven't bid on it yet. It has 21 Jewels and three adjustments. I couldn't find any information on it. Please help!

Steve Cohen

Posts: 153 | Location: Montgomery Village, Maryland USA | Registered: March 15, 2006
IHC Member 708
posted
Here are the other two picturres including the movement. These are from the Ebay listing.

Steve Cohen

Posts: 153 | Location: Montgomery Village, Maryland USA | Registered: March 15, 2006
IHC Member 708
posted
The movement

Steve Cohen

Picture of Jim Carroll
posted
Stephen,
The Watch you asked about is a Size 12. Model 1. Grade 279, 16,000 were made in 20 runs from 1926 to 1929, and all open faced.
Most of watches were named watches, The Santa Fe Watch Co. Illinois Central, Illinois Winner, Time King, Aristocrat and Governor, also the single run of 50 Size 12 Bunn Specials. This is the first time I have seen the name Congressional, in my humble opinion fairly good quality watch.

Jim Carroll

Posts: 77 | Location: Inverclyde Scotland | Registered: November 23, 2002
IHC Member 708
posted
Thanks Jim,
I glad hread that it is a nice watch. Is it woth the price of $245.00?

Steve Cohen

Picture of Jim Carroll
posted
Steven,
As you can see the seller has had no bids in 4 days into a 7 day auction, could be the starting price is too high.

Jim Carroll

Posts: 77 | Location: Inverclyde Scotland | Registered: November 23, 2002
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Steven,
I think that I might be willing to pay $245. for what appears to be a nice 12 size illinois. Just one persons opinion. Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 708
posted
Thanks Jim and Tony,
I don't know what I'm going to do yet!

Steve Cohen