• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ruining a Hamilton "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Were all Hamilton 18s watches lever-set?

My Hamilton display case that I got from Mike Kosinenko has bezels that are so tight that I'm genuinely afraid of messing up the the dial of any watch I put into it trying to get at the lever. And I don't want to file the edges down to make it fit easier. So, are any 18s Hamiltons stem-set?

Eric

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Eric, according to the Price Guide, looks like there are a lot of 18s that are stem set....unless I'm reading the book wrong....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Where are you looking, Jerry? 2009 Shugart pages 226-228 makes no distinction between lever- or pendant-set 18s watches and the serial number chart on the previous pages only gives an L or P for 16s watches.

I can't find any posts about 924s or 926s that were pendant-set.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hey Eric, on page 226, the first 3 listings are listed as LS, none of the rest on that page are listed as LS....

Then on page 228 where the 16s starts, most of them are LS and some or both LS or PS....

Does this book list whether the watch is LS or PS if it is not LS...?

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Gentlemen,

Rest assured that every Hamilton 18-size from the unnamed 7-Jewel up through the 23-Jewel 946 and 947 were Lever-Set movements. The simple reason both the bezels on Eric's case fit so tightly is the fact they were rarely removed, a great feature in my opinion, all of them were all like that when new.

Display cases were made for showing off the movements to prospective buyers.

Polish it, handle it carefully and preserve it.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002