• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

dial restoration "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have several enamel dials that need restoring. I use International Dial for metal dials and have had good service from them, but they don't retore enamel dials. I have used Alan Heyward in Austraila, but he is no longer in business. Any reference would be appreiated. Thanks, Joe cook2222@bellsouth.net

Posts: 28 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: February 03, 2011
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Hi Joseph, Good luck with this. We have been hunting for someone to take on this challenge. I have tried it and it is very labor intensive.

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Chris Abell had someone repair the enamel dial on my Ed. Koehn minute repeater. It was an expensive and slow repair, but the results were very good. Here is the dial before repairs.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Here is the dial after restoration.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I don't know who Chris used. It wasn't Allen Heywood. I am sorry to hear that he has retired. He repaired some enameled cases for me. If you go to his website, he has posted many links to other repairers, some of whom appear to repair dials. Heywood

I haven't tried this repairer, but will the next time I need enamel repairs. Polizzotto

posted
Hi, I'll try Allen's web site again, I didn't notice the referalls. Joe

Posts: 28 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: February 03, 2011