• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What case to fit?? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Waltham hunter 6s movement that will not fit a standard 6s hunter case. The screw that hold the set lever extends beyond the plate and it also has a locator pin. Will this take a special case? Will this be hard to find? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...Paul

Posts: 122 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland in the USA | Registered: February 25, 2011
posted
Locator pin

Posts: 122 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland in the USA | Registered: February 25, 2011
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Paul, unfortunately the answer to both of your questions is the same....YES....

The case you need to be looking for is an A.W.W.Co. case of the size 6....A lot of times Waltham movements are hard to find cases for, you just need to keep looking on eBay....one will show up eventually....

Good Luck,

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Thanks Jerry. I think I'll post something on the wanted to buy section. Paul

posted
Paul, In my experience trying to case movements, only the 18 sz. movements are generally the easiest to fit.

Some of the smaller Hampdens, even in the same grade ,will not interchange cases........

Posts: 198 | Location: Vermilion, Ohio in the USA | Registered: May 14, 2003
posted
Keith: Thanks for the reply. I bought this movement without knowing. I guess I'll have to wait for one to come up or see if one of the members has one for sale. Next time I'll ask before buying. Live and learn. That's the trials of a novice. Paul