• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Dials "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Did Ball-Hamilton ever use a dial with true Box Car Numerals the same as on a mid 1950's 992B.

Also is there a Ball catalogue on line?

Thanks.

Alan.

Posts: 15 | Location: Long Island, New York in the USA | Registered: April 19, 2019
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Hello Alan,

Please check out our IHC185 "Ball Watch Company Research Forum"

Also, by utilizing our "Find or Search" feature within that forum and typing in "Ball Dials" brings up 87 matches.

Doing a "Find or Search" on the main page of our Discussion Site brings up 383 matches!

Hope this helps,

Debbie

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Alan,

Please post an image of the exact dial you are asking about so that we can properly answer your question.

Webb C. Ball was very specific about ownership - he patented everything. There were several lawsuits about infringement on his designs. Ball protected them vigorously.

Look carefully at pictures of Ball Dials that I have posted in the Ball Forum mentioned above. I do not post anything that is not authentic that is why I want to answer your specific question based upon the image to benefit you as well as others with the correct answer.

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I did a bit more research and the dial I was looking for is a Hamilton HG or Heavy Gothic.Did Ball ever have one?

Posts: 15 | Location: Long Island, New York in the USA | Registered: April 19, 2019
posted
This was the best I could do I took an image from the Bay.

This is what I'm looking for, these numerals with a Ball logo not a Hamilton logo.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g...GnBkFP5z/s-l1600.png

posted
Sorry it doesn't work and I do not know how to edit it.

posted
Don't know what I did but it does work now.

That's the dial I'm looking for but with a Ball logo.

IHC Life Member
posted
Here's the dial photo.

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
posted
Thanks Steven. I'm not too good with this computer stuff or reading instruction.