• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

General Pocket Watch Information "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Is there a place on the Internet anywhere that can give us the sizes and other information about a particular make of watch. I'm thinking of something along the lines like there is/was for Elgin.

I need to know what size a watch is if I give the serial number. Is there such a place?

Thanks

Bud

Posts: 449 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: September 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Waltham

This is the only other one I know of.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
The Elgin serial database site has been down for a little bit. It would give what size a watch was 12s, 16s, 18s ect. I hope it comes back, it was here

http://www.trusted-forwarder.o.../elgin_sn_intro.html

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
posted
Thanks Robert, and thanks to you too Jim.

I do use that Waltham site a lot and I guess I've been spoiled by that Elgin site for too long. Boy, do I miss it.

Thanks again

Bud

Posts: 449 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: September 28, 2010
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
The Waltham site may be found right here on our very own site by going to the Technical Library, Serial Number and Site Links Forum then click on Waltham Movement Numbers ....

Maybe Lindell can give us a little insight of what may be happening with Wayne's Elgin site....I too depend heavily on it, as I'm sure many others do as well....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1614
posted
Ya, I miss that site too. Hope it comes back soon I rely on it also.

Bill

Posts: 160 | Location: Northeast Ohio in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The Hamilton tech library we have here is one of the most comprehensve anywhere. Also you can find many technical details about Illinois and Hampden in their respective sites. But best of all Cool, there are the rest of us who have collectivly available a massive resource of information on things Horologic, including Elgin.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Does anyone know what is going on with the elgin site or if it is going to be back online soon. I have some Elgin's I been wanting to know a little more about, thanks to Claude he helped me out with a few but I hate bothering people about it.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Wayne Schlitt, the site developer is not available. His Phone Numbers of record are not in service. We need to find out where he is.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007