• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

fake imitation swiss railroad watches "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have the never published information from roy ehrhardt and jim hernick on swiss fake railroad watches rough book form of 92 pages and associated pages they were formed from, 2 study rough copies. Is anyone interested in swiss imitation american railroad watches? and want to finish this book or attempt it? bill selover

Posts: 11 | Location: Tampa, Florida in the USA | Registered: March 19, 2009
posted
William - I have recently been compiling information related to the Swiss imitation watches and would be interested in the information for research.

Posts: 49 | Location: Tennessee in the USA | Registered: February 20, 2012
posted
info@pocketwatchrepair.com 15100 SE 38th St STE 101 PMB 746, Bellevue, WA 98006-1765. Renaissance Watch Repair
I also contacted this man whoever he is as he had the only reference on imitation railroad watches on google and waiting for his reply, he does not seem to like them from his sites information on them.

posted
I have tried to reply to this twice so far.
I do not seem to be able to load up photos.
Mr Nathan how long is it your have been gathering miformation and since I travel much less have I met you in the past. Do you have interest in compiling a book format etc of these watches, Roy used movement photos from original catalogues and some photographs of movements overall identifies them by siarr swiss imitation american railroad watches that was the page heading in an original 1907 catalog in chicago

posted
billselover@yahoo.com is my e mail maybe I can send you photos that way.
I have 2 study books I might could send you one and you could see from that roys method of assigning a number letter designation to each movement similar to a fingerprint catalog or his EA numbers identify each american movement made and then designations 18s?J-DNSL-U-ES102 18 SIZE ?jewels Damascened Nickel Swiss Lever Unadjusted es102 number of movement designation

posted
I am not hearing from the member so just will load it up to e bay and smoke out fake railroad collectors and see if one is a budding author. I also have Larry Ehrhardts 1993 watch catalog mailing lists of watches for sale. very interesting what prices were then and of course he had some interesting watches. I will research how to load photos to this message site and if I can figure it out will post some photos.
I also have all the cut out photos in color of a Breguet book planned by roy ehrhardt unfinished just all the photos gathered up.
What does everyone think of this all going to the national ***** museum. will anyone go there to sit and copy this for research of their own ongoing do you think.

posted
correction 1983 Larry Ehrhardt watch mailing lists.

posted
William - I have been compiling information for approximately two years. Yes, I refer to these as "Swiss Imitation American" watches as well since that is how they were typically marketed in original materials. Most collectors often use the blanket term "Swiss Fake," which I do not favor - as I draw a distinction between movements that were intentionally deceptive "copies" of known American grades and Swiss imports manufactured in the style of American movements. There is a difference between a crude Model 1857 copy marked "P.J. Barzlet" and a Swiss imitation import marked "N.H. Watch Co."

I have been able to identify some of the Swiss companies that produced these imitation movements for import, and additional research documentation may help in furthering those efforts.

I will connect via email. Thank you.

posted
I had started to dig into these , I have a box of movements 20 or so . Any interest ?

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
posted
Kevin - Do you happen to have clear images of these movements? I will be working with Mr. Selover on a publication and supplemental content may be beneficial.

posted
No I don't have good pictures Nathan ,and many are in poor condition . When I get back to my home I will try and get some

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015