• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Regulator almost maxed out? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
What it means for a movement when the regulator ist almost maxed out?

Does it mean that when you fix a/the problem/s the watch has, it can be set back to the middle position?

I have seen a interesting watch that runs 30 seconds to slow and the regulator position is almost at the max f(aster) position.

Does any one have records of that and can tell me if and how it has been fixed?

Posts: 40 | Location: Rietberg in Germany | Registered: November 20, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Andre,

In my experience a watch with the regulator set hard over to "fast" that is still timing slow is generally dirty and needs to be cleaned and oiled.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Dirt is the most common culprit. However there are many numerous others that can be a cause of slow watches. We were discussing this in the watch repair forum yesterday. follow the link...

Slow running 992

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Ok. Thanks for the answers.

The model i am talking about is a hamilton railway special.

So i try to get it.

I hope i am lucky. Wink

Posts: 40 | Location: Rietberg in Germany | Registered: November 20, 2004
posted
Check out the link for a "Slow running 992". That's my watch I'm working on. I'm very much a beginner - but dig in and do some cleaning! After you do a little research you'll find that it's not hard at all to disassemble and reassemble the watch. The wheels stand up nicely on these 992's and the bridges are easy to line up. Pay careful attention to parts that you are not familiar with and don't force anything unless you know how much force you really need. My 992 rebuild has been a great learning experinece for me. It's now running on-time after being *very* slow.

-David

Posts: 58 | Location: Dripping Springs, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 29, 2004