Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Two Tone Hamilton 935 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I just acquired a running Hamilton 935. It has a screw broken off holding one of the plates on but I hope that is not going to be a problem to fix. It has a two tone nickle movement. This is my first 935 other than a PL 935 I have that does not work. The PL 935 is not two toned. Where all the 935's other than the PL's two toned? I don't see a separated category in the price guide so I assume they where all two toned. Am I right?
Thanks

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Just bumping back up so hopefully someone who can give me an answer can see it. Merry Christmas!

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
According to Ehrhardt's Hamilton Book, there were 1700 total 935's made 1897-1903 but mention of Gold Embossed platework as standard platework is not mentioned in the Hamilton Ad.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you David,

1700 doesn't sound like that many watches. So I guess I will always have to wonder how many two tone 935's were made now that I know it was not standard. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.