Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A "Tail" of two Riddle's or is it Riddell? . . . "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This all started with a Beautiful Waltham 645 I was restoring;

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
While testing the lever setting mechanism . . SNAPO went the TAIL on the lever!!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I find that these are scarce indeed, not available anywhere but in mentioning this to our own President Lindell Riddle, he tells me "We have all new ones with a STRONGER TAIL that are made from special tooling Chris Abell designed!" Mr. Riddle sends me a Chris Abell designed lever and "EUREKA!!!! The new one is more robust, fits perfectly, guarantees this watch another 100 years of productive life. Just LOOK at the difference in the TAILS!

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
So as I am re-assembling the rest of my restored 645 24 hour dialed Canadian RR watch I notice something "familiar". . . .

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Thank you Lindell, for helping to bring back another "Riddell" . . .

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Chris, Thank You too especially for the incredible improvement you brought to this part design, and for you and Lindell taking the risk to fund the tools to make this part which is so essential to those of us who seriously enjoy watch collecting and restoration

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That ends this "Tail, and leaves me and my beautiful wife Marjorie that much happier for it!

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Very well done David, Thank you for posting the picture of that beautiful Marjorie, but who is that old guy with the beard? Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That's the guy she married so she could ride her Harley with him and his . . . and other stuff! Portrait by a Navaho artist. I guess he felt Marjorie's "resonance" from her Cherokee Blood.