• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Norm! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I own very few Elgins, simply because they made so so many. This is my latest favorite carry watch, partly because of the dial signature:

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Being a sucker for anything two-tone, I had to have it - and promptly cased it up properly.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
But I can't stand a grubby watch. All the steel brightwork has to be clean and rust-free, and it was not.

My thanks to our own Norm Mayberry, who generously supplied me with not only the winding wheels, but the click, regulator whip, scale, and all the associated screws.

IHC Member 1555
posted
A very nice everydayer Eric.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
A real beauty...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
nice not many been made 2 tones by Elgin.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
A very sweet looking Grade 313. Sadly Elgin was far less specific with their production descriptions of these specially finished versions of some of the "Run of the Mill" grades. Even at the higher levels, Elgin seemed loathe to explain WHEN and HOW MANY of their other specially prepared watches were made such as the Wind Indicator equipped, Ships Chronometer Style and Military Dialed variations.

That makes these beautiful creations even more special because we do not really know how many actually were finished.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Great looking watch.Another one saved.Glad I could be a part of it.Regards.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010