• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waterbury "Old Honesty" watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello All,I was digging through the dollar box at the antique mall yesterday,found this Waturbury watch box.The watch was apparently a give away to anyone who bought so much Old Honesty tobacco from the John Finzer & Bros. co.(they advertised "Jolly Tar" with the Baird clock co. as well),a quick google search found a picture of a watch that goes in this box.Also found a paragraph from an April 4th 1884 newspaper where someone had written all the local events of the day,here is what was said:
- J.B. CONANT and J.B. MORGAN have each drawn two of the Waterbury watches given away with Finzer’s Old Honesty tobacco, sold by G.W. ELDER. CONANT says his watches cost him over three hundred dollars as he has spent more than that for tobacco.

I thought I would share this neat item with you all and hoped that someone could help me find a watch to go with it.Thanks, Tin

Posts: 22 | Location: Camdenton, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: February 19, 2005
posted
Here is a pic of the watch.

Posts: 22 | Location: Camdenton, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: February 19, 2005