• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Watch Insight "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have an Waltham watch that I want to verify the information that I have found and see if I am missing anything.

I beleive that this is a size 6, 7 jewel model 1889 in a hunter case. The serial number is 4395643. The case is marked "Waltham" with no other marks other that the case SN of 283463 (dust and outer covers all match).

So does this date to 1889, and is my info correct? Also, would this case be gold filled since it is unmarked? Is there any additional info that I have missed?

Thanks,

Jim

Posts: 67 | Location: Central Ohio in the USA | Registered: July 01, 2011
posted
Movement

posted
Case

posted
Last one

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The case is well finished and hopefully it has csome mark somewhwere to help determine the maker. It is certainly gold filled at least.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
There are no marks in the obvious places. I did try to look through the outer case designs for a potential hidden mark but cold not discern anything. Any ideas are welcome.

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Jim, your watch is a size 6, 7 jewel, stem wind pendant set, hunter movement and is a Model 1873-6, grade Seaside J....

There were 13,700 made between 4/1/1889 and 9/30/1890, yours being made in the last run, a run of 2000 in 1890....

Hope this gives you a little more info on your nice little watch....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008