• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Ball whip spring "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Maybe one you can help me out?I'm looking for a whip spring for a 16sz Hamilton Ball pocketwatch.My guess is that it is Ball specific and a hamilton spring will not work.The Ball springs appear longer to accomidate a longer pointer? I know the 21 and 23 jewel models will interchange.I have the mounting and adjustment screws so only need the spring.Thanking you all in advance for your help!

Posts: 28 | Location: McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 16, 2007
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Burt try Brian C. pwpartsetc@pwatch.com
or pasttimes i think that,s the right name anyway the guy who has some of the old s larose stock maybe someone can post the links for you..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Talked with Brian no luck.Anyone know a part number? Thanks Samie!

Posts: 28 | Location: McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 16, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Samie is pointing you in the right direction Burt. Several years ago LaRose offered a group of Ball-Hamilton hardware items and it is still possible that Jim Laing may have those items in his inventory.

Here is Jim Laing's website and phone number...

CLICK FOR: Old LaRose Pocket Watch Parts

You are correct in that the whip-spring is a Ball-Hamilton specific part. Here is a chart where you can check movements that apply to your quest...

16-size Ball-Hamilton 999 and 999B Movement Numbers and Years Listing

Burt needs this specific Ball-Hamilton part...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Well fellows thank you for your help!! The spring was not listed on Jim's website but a call to him solved the dilemma. Nice fellow to deal with and he had the new old stock spring!Just for your information it's going on the uncommon (only 2300 produced) 21J 999 equiped with motor barrel out of the first run. It's really nice to belong to this group!