Reply to Post

Colorful PS Bartlett "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here's my PS Bartlett hunter, 17j, ca 1907, serial # 16170964

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
John A.,

Your PS Bartlett is beautiful. Now that to me is really a tu-tone. Smile Thanks for the pic. Will you show us the front? Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Here's the dial, nothing out of the ordinary, but is is chip and hairline free and double sunk.

PSB dial

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Nice example, John. If I am not mistaken, the dial is actually single-sunk with a pressed or ground center. That is, it is actually only made of two separate pieces. This would be correct for the two-tone Bartlett. I have seen several of these (and once owned one), and all had a single-sunk, pressed center dial. However, all I have seen previously were open-faced and had italic Arabic numbers instead of Roman numerals. Since Roman were often preferred on hunting-case movements I have no reason to doubt the originality of this dial. Has anyone else seen this model in hunting to confirm the use of the Roman numeral dial?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Jerry,

I had a Model 1892 hunter. It was an Appleton Tracy 17 jewel and it had the Roman dial.
It was not the tu-tone though...

John Pavlik

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Nice one and a hunter to boot!

Here's an open face model from a little earlier run (SN 16112942) note the star regulator and 2 screws on the center jewel.

BTW, look familiar to anyone? It came to me through the IHC auction forum Wink

Mike Miller

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002