WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Has anyone ever seen photo or picture postcard of E.Howard Watch Co. factory?
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Has anyone ever seen photo or picture postcard of E.Howard Watch Co. factory? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Howdy, I am a new member of IHC and have been collecting pocketwatches (strictly American and mainly 16s Railroad grade) for a couple of years now. I also collect advertisements and other paper ephemera associated with the great american watch companies. One of my goals has been to accumulate postcards (photo & lithograph types) depicting the watch factories. I have examples of Illinois, Hamilton, Waltham, Elgin, South Bend, U.S.Watch of Waltham, and Rockford but so far have not seen or heard of an example of the E.Howard factory in Boston. Does anyone know if any examples exist. I plan to have examples of each mounted together archivally in a matted frame.

Greg Hall
(arkysawkid)
Little Rock, AR

Posts: 20 | Location: Little Rock, Arkansas USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
I don't think that picture postcards of the E. Howard & Co. factory in Roxbury (Boston) exist. At least, I have never seen or heard of any. Pictures of the E. Howard & Co. factory do exist in advertisements and company catalogs.

The only postcard I know of that is associated with the Keystone Howard watch (not the original E. Howard & Co. watch) is that of the U.S. Watch Factory, Waltham, Mass. owned by the Keystone Watch Case Company (postcard numbered 13228).

Hans

Posts: 21 | Location: Seattle, Washington USA | Registered: January 05, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Here is a small image of a postcard that was on eBay. It shows the Keystone-Howard plant, which was the old U.S. Waltham factory.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
This is an earlier postcard from when it was U.S. Waltham.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003