Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

USPS shipping to Australia? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1613
posted
I went to mail Gary Dutton a partial watch movement today…Person at PO told me I could only ship Express mail and it would cost $69.95…I have shipped to Australia before and I though I shipped stuff first class and it never cost that much…Is there anyone that has shipped to Australia lately and experienced higher than usual shipping costs…

Posts: 2004 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1691
posted
Hi Gary, I got this from a quick google search:

"The U.S. Postal Service has TEMPORARILY suspended First Class Package International Service (as of September 3, 2021) and Priority Mail International (as of September 17, 2021) delivery to Australia due to carrier issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic."

Regards

Peter

Posts: 259 | Location: Melbourne in Australia | Registered: March 19, 2012
IHC Member 1691
posted
I also have a knife coming first class USPS sent on 28 August that is still not here yet...

Regards

Peter

Posts: 259 | Location: Melbourne in Australia | Registered: March 19, 2012
IHC Member 1357
posted
This is just crazy. Pandemic BA HUMBUG!!

Posts: 4086 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1613
posted
Thanks Peter…I was wondering what was going on…Hope you get your knife soon…You are right Roger nothing makes sense anymore because of Covid...

Posts: 2004 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hi Guys,
All parts have arrived safely.
Even though it cost a bomb to send in my eyes it was worth it.
Look for pictures in my other post.
Cheers

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
IHC Member 1338
posted
So are we to assume then that EMS Express Mail is "covid free"? Do they double spray it?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008