Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rodico Question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Can someone explain the difference between Rodico 6033 Original and Rodico 7033 Premium?

Thanks

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
price?

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1541
posted
Well I found the answer to my question. As they say, Google is your friend.

Another one of those great freebies I walked away from the AWCI Convention with was some of Bergeon’s new and “improved” RODICO Premium. For those of you who don’t know; Rodico is a cleaning product designed specifically for watchmaking. There are 3 main varieties of this product. They are similar in nature to the sticky stuff you use to hang up posters in your dorm room. It is used for cleaning oil and lint from places it doesn’t belong. The three products are Bergeon RODICO Premium (No. 7033-1), Bergeon RODICO (No. 6033-1), and A-F RUB-OFF (18580). All three are different colors so you won’t get them confused: Greay for Rodico Premium, Green for Rodico, and Blue for Rub-off.

In general I am a Rub-Off user, but I do use Rodico occasionally in certain applications. Rub-Off is a little more “sticky” than the Rodico and doesn’t leave a residue (unless it is dirty). The original Rodico seems to leave a slight residue. Rodico is more dry and is better for picking up grease smudges and fingerprints. Rub-off is better for retrieving pieces of lint and specks of dust. The new Rodico is supposed to be even better but it won’t convert me from Rub-Off. I was hoping the new Rodico Premium would be more of a blend of the two products rather than an improved version of Rodico. After having tried it out, I won’t be switching from Rub-Off but it will replace my Rodico. In conclusion if you are a Rodico user you’ll like the new Rodico, if you’re a Rub-Off user it will still seem like Rodico to you.

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Im a blue and green user.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Lorne,

I’ve got one bar of the green and one grey. They both work well with the grey costing more. The green has got a lot of use so now it’s used for heavier cleaning and the grey for finish work.

Either way Rodico lasts a long time and has many uses.

RR

Bergeon information on RODICO

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Member 1541
posted
Thank you Richard, I have ordered some.