• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Grade 406 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I purchased the movement and fit it into a Wadsworth white gold filled case I had and it sets, winds, and runs very well. I think it's a very nice looking watch too.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
posted
Movement only

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
posted
I think I own more Illinois 12s watches than any other kind. They are nice watches and can be had for reasonable prices compared to Illinois 16s watches. I really like them and it looks like you got a very nice one.
That dial is in real nice condition for a painted dial. The white gold filled case is appropriate, a lot of mine are in similar ones.
The gold flashed screws and 19 jewel movement is also looks to be in good shape. Looks like you picked a nice addition to your collection. Have you serviced it or had it serviced?

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
posted
I have to agree with Jim, your result is a very nice looking dress watch.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
nice one I have Sterling 405 grade in green gold case

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Very nice! Did you see the 12s Burlington 21J I have posted for sale under members auction?
It's housed in a beautiful 14K case. Case looks like new.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1736
posted
Very nice. I too am finding it hard to resist the 405's. I have a thing for the hand cut dials and it seems that many of them were released on the 405 chassis. Nice dials on both!

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
posted
Thank you but mine is a 406. It has 19 jewels where the 405 has 17.

posted
Mine looks a little different now. I have to confess that the first case I put it in did not really fit right. The back opening was too big and I actually had used a couple of strips of plastic as shims to push the movement up against the stem so it would wind and set. Even then, I had to push the stem in to wind it. I since have purchased a non working 21j Illinois in a beautiful decagon style Wadsworth case for only $35 on the bay. My 406 fits in the case perfectly and looks even better than before. I sold the other movement for $16.50 so I got the case for $18.50. Not too shabby. I also sold the other case for $31 which is slightly more than I paid for it.