Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can give me some information on my Elgin pocket watch which recently inherited from my Grandad. I believe it was his dad's watch from the late 1920s.
It currently has a silver T bar chain attached to it but I think the original was a gold chain which was sold at some point. I would like to replace it with something closer to the original but can't seem to find any pictures online.
There is also a winding key but not sure if this is part of the original package or an just an add on.
The case is a Montreal Watch Case Co.
This is my first pocket watch and I don't know much about them at all so any info ould be really appreciated.
Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Dumfries in Scotland | Registered: February 13, 2022
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Jamie,

Extremely large images cannot be viewed by those with slower internet connections or smaller screens. Due to those considerations and to avoid overloading storage capacity our system is set up to not accept poster size images.

>> Proper size: 640 X 480 Pixels
>> Resolution: approximately 72 Pixels/Inch

Please see this lin...

HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR IHC185 DISCUSSION SITE

Posts: 5200 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Hey Jamie, go to pocketwatchdatabase.com and put in the serial number on the back of the movement. Then select Elgin in the drop down "manufacturer" box. It will give you all the information you need. If it is a key wind movement, it is not from the 1920s. You can buy antique gold watch chains with fob on ebay.

Posts: 5 | Location: West Virginia in the USA | Registered: September 12, 2022