• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 14s #4114685 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just purchase a PW at an antique store during my lunch. Not being near my book to get more information I was interested in finding out how common is it to have a pin set movement and case?
The watch is only 7j but, from the net it looks to be one of 2000 and made in 1889. The case is nickle sliver and marked AW Co. I cannot wait to get it torn down and in the cleaner. The balance looks good and the hairspring is intact. Thanks for your response.

Posts: 126 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
We do not see these pin-set models too often in the U.S., but I believe they were principally for export and I have seen a number of them from Great Britain, many in Dennison cases. I once owned one in an AWCo silver case.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Thanks Jerry, the case came out great. Interestingly I spoke with a fellow watch guy and he said the bezel may snap off. He was right. The back screws on but the front snaps on. The movement cleaned up nice but I found out the main spring is broke. Hope to have it back together tonight. I'll post when finished.

Posts: 126 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2007