Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 939 Eye Candy "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
For some reason I keep going back to my Hamilton 939's. My first one I ever got was a parts movement. It had been sitting a long time and was very dirty and was missing the cock and complete balance assembly. With only 1310 made I figured that would be the only one I would ever own. Well that was not the case. After spending a lot of money and sending it to a watchmaker in Ca. he too9k my single roller 927 cock and made it fit the 939. The 927 cock had gold inscribing just like the 939. He did a great job and it ran fine. I was very proud to have saved a 939. A few years later I ran across another one and I purchase it. I eventually ended up with 3. I sold the one I save and then another one. At the end (today) I have owned 7 Hamilton 939's and today I received this beauty. I now have 4. This one is an A.N. Anderson Standard Time and I also have another A.N. Anderson watch although it does not have the A.N. Anderson dial and I am not certain it ever did as Anderson bought it in 1917 along with 300 watches many of which were leftover unsold stock. This one is number 15210 and I received it today and I want to thank Nathan Moore for helping me determine if this was indeed an A.N. Anderson watch.

Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
case

IHC Member 1610
posted
dial

IHC Member 1357
posted
Beautiful Harry

Roger

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you Roger!

posted
What a beauty Harry ! This is just stunning with a beautiful damasking pattern .

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you Kevin.