Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Hamilton case question-Ball experts "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1511
posted
Guys, I bought a Ball Hamilton 999 with the stirrup bow case. The watch is in like new condition. The case has a design on the back that looks like 2 flying dragons facing each other. The movement's serial #B646550 and the case #9919052. The case is a Ball Official RR Standard Keystone J Boss. I sent the watch to Chris for service and it looks and runs great. Can anyone give me any information on the case? Thanks

Posts: 159 | Location: Rainelle, West Virginia in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Well Gary, your Ball-Hamilton was part of a production run of 1000 watches completed in the 1938-1939 time frame.

Your pattern-back case sounds interesting, but since it's Keystone we can't tell that much about it from just the serial number. Case serial number databases for Keystone don't exist as far as I know. If you could post a picture, we could tell you more about it.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
In the price guide on pg 160, the last case is Catalog Case #134. I wonder could you be talking about that design Confused

A picture will be worth 1000 words though, as Ed has said Smile

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009