Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Was a 163A Type IIB ever in a 107 Case? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Can't say as I have seen a 163A in a 107 case before but here is proof if ever comes up in conversation. Box is for sale on ebay if anyone has that serial number.

Steve

Ebay listing

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
posted
Steve, unless my notes are wrong (a distinct possibility)163A #5563246 was made in a 107 case also--case# 38224. Clayton

Posts: 98 | Location: Boone, North Carolina USA | Registered: December 16, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Steve,

The boxes look great, that would be a Type II B Elinvar movement.

And it is a very interesting number to me, as I have a very close one 5456484 in my collection, housed in a White-Gold-Filled Model 107 Case. The auction example is shown as "Natural" which is as you know a Yellow-Gold-Filled Model 107 Case.

Speaking of the boxes and the Model 107 Case, look at the image below Big Grin and in the post that follows.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, now try to locate the rest of it, that would be a find.

Lindell

Wink

Outer box for number 5448727 from my collection...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

The complete boxed set with 5448727 in 107 Case...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Lindell,

Wonderful example you have. I didn't realize that case was used on the 163 series. I really appreciate you taking the time to post those pictures for all of us to see. I know you have not been well lately and it takes a lot of effort on your part. I am really hoping things turn around for you soon and you get back to your normal self.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008