Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Hamilton Model 2 Case Question? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
My e is #2653629, only few hundred above yours, my case is H362743.

Can't seem to find my box though.

Charlie

Picture of Michael Dias
posted
That's amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 72 | Location: Benicia, California USA | Registered: May 10, 2006
posted
Hello!

A lot of great information in this thread. I do have a question regarding the Model 2 case. I have an early Model 2 case. I always thought it was yellow gold, but when I put it under my natural light lamp, it looks/shines slightly pink.

Anyway, my question is: Where Rose gold filled pocketwatch cases as easy to spot as rose gold filled wrist watch cases? I can spot one of them a mile away. Are there any serial numbers for rose gold filled cases? I apologize if the first question seems stupid, but sometimes the case looks yellow and sometimes pink. I didn't want to sell as yellow if indeed it is rose or as rose if it is yellow. I would imagine rose ones would be worth more and/or less common?

Below is a picture of the watch in question. What do the experts think?

Thanks,

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Here is a picture of a yellow 992B. My camera also photographs them differently.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Adam,
Thank for sharing the nice photos.

As you mentioned, your No. 2 case is very early.

I understand these early cases with the "chevrons" on each side of the pendant were only made about 2 years from 1926-28.

Would you mind posting an image of the No. 2 box?

Others should be able to help you with the colors.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
posted
Hamilton's differentiation in their gold watches, were yellow gold 10K, white gold 14k and green gold 14k. I do not know of a rose gold that was offered. The karat marking is used occassionally to distinguish green gold (14k) with yellow gold (10K).

Charlie

Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
The catalog excerpt below lists the 3 gold-filled compositions that Charlie mentioned.

The No. 2 was also offering in solid 14k with the 992B at one point in time.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Despite the fact we do not see them listed in factory literature I believe there were some rose Model 2 cases produced. I have at least two distinctively rose examples in my collection. Whether they were planned but did not reach regular production, done as an experiment or they are just a fluke they do in fact exist.

The ones I have seen are from the late 1920s and I have rose case 2 number 0362325 sitting here in front of me. I would attach a premium to them. Anyone who would like to see a rose example compared to white, green and yellow versions of the same early "chevron" style case, come on over.

Once you see the colors together you'll be a believer.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Does anyone know approximately when case # 080465 was used? I can’t find the number in the Wadsworth-Hamilton Case Numbers History, Pictures and Database.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
It's within the range of the case number table, interpolating in the table, I make it about 1935.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004