Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Simmons watch chain questions "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Menber 3062
posted
I have a South Bend watch, with a Simmons watch chain that, I assume, came with the watch...at least, for some time.

I've seen this particular chain style, while looking around the internet, but is there a person, or location, to find more specific information?

Such As:

Was there a name for this chain style?

Is there a way to know what was on the end originally?

Is there somewhere to go to find a correct end to this chain?

I am curious about the ring at the clasp, there's an additional small link on it. Based on several pictures of original watch chains I've seen, I am now guessing, on the broken end of this chain, there were three of the small links that then attached to either a T-bar, or loop and spring clasp...at some point that broke, but someone saved one of the three small links there and attached that to the ring on the remaining clasp.

I think this only because, normally, that I see, fobs, or added chain hangs from what is the unsecure end of this chain, not from the watch clasp end of a watch chain.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Leo Horishny
Sun Valley, NV

Posts: 22 | Location: Nevada in the USA | Registered: September 20, 2021