Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Denver Regional, what a well organized event! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Well just got back , spent the full day there seemd like a couple of hours!. Steady room full all day no doubt more tomorrow. Event was very well organized with a good selection of items for everyone.
Here is one of several items I picked up, great dial Ball Hamilton 999 in a fantastic Green Gold case, should have taken my camera.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
couldnt resist picking up this 23J Bunn 163 while there either, plus a lot of other stuff to lots of bargains even when comparing to Ebay prices.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Nice scores there Chris!

Yep, the Denver Regional was nice. Great to talk and even found me a nice Private Label Southbend sitting in someones case! Yeah, thanks Fred! Big Grin

I didn't get to look around much, manning my table and selling off a bunch of stuff for a friend. A good day for me, sold over half of the stuff.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Great finds, Chris, May we see a picture of that 163 movement?.......maybe you got even luckier than you think. Some 163 Type IR's had this "droopy bow" #28 case on them. Only around 880 or so of those vs. the more common 163 Type I with over 4 times as many of those around. I will even make a venture to guess that the serial number of the case will be in the 9.7 million range before you even show us a pic of that as well, if you would be so kind, thanks so much, and Happy "Rocky Mountain" Hunting!

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Very nice combination, that "droopy bow 28" is a real find.

Chris supplied 9759909 as the case serial number. The movement serial number is 5375389 and as you'll see below it is a 163 Type I variant of which some 3,800 were produced.

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Good guess MIke,
Spot on the case, sorry I was a bit slow getting back, here is a picture of the cover.